Melodies of the Danube with Exquisite Vacations Inc on the AmaLea
November 22 – 29, 2021
Thanksgiving Cruise on the Danube River
Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea
Sail Date: November 22 – 29,2021
Cruising from: Budapest to Vilshofen – Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea
Journey along the Danube River and sail with us for the Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea seeing firsthand why this storied river has inspired generations of artists, poets, and musicians.
Indulge your passion for timeless architecture and art in three magnificent capitals: Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna. Let the hills come alive with the sounds of music in Salzburg and the Austrian Lake District. Cruise through the enchanting Strudengau Valley and let the melodies of the Danube carry you from one gem to another on a regal journey through time.
Countries to visit on this trip: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
You will be sailing on the: Danube River
Cruise Cabin Total Prices with taxes for 2 Persons for 7 Nights:
( Ask for Pricing for Cabins with 3 or 4 persons)
Bonus: Shipboard Credit Per Person ($150) Included
- Category E – $5290.00 – Fixed Window Cabin
- Category D – $5888.00 – Fixed Window Cabin
- Category CB – $6373.20 – French Balcony
- Category CA – $6943.20 – French Balcony
- Category BB – $8083.20 – French Balcony & Outside Balcony
- Category BA – $8463.20 – French Balcony & Outside Balcony
- Category AB – $8843.20 – French Balcony & Outside Balcony
- Category AA – $9223.20- French Balcony & Outside Balcony
- Category SS – $11,883.20 – French Balcony & Outside Balcony
Deposit Due At Booking – $400 per person
Final Payment due: August 17, 2021, at 5 pm EST
Ready to Book this sailing? Let us know by sending your request or call our office at 305-892-3496
Pre & Post Stay Not Included but Optional:
- 2 Nights Budapest package (Pre-cruise) – USD: $560 DBL / $860 SGL
- 3 Nights Prague package (Post-cruise) – USD: $900 DBL / $1350 SGL
This requires a non-refundable deposit of $50 per person at the time of confirmation of the hotel availability.
- Travel Insurance (will be quoted at the time of booking)
- Airport transfers are not included in our packages but may be purchased, for an additional charge, for guests with air schedules that coincide with the cruise-land departure and arrival dates.
- Guests that purchase AmaWaterways airfare plus land package will receive transfers provided there are no deviations from the published cruise-land schedule.
- Transfers for deviated air schedules may be available for an additional charge.
In the unfortunate event, a participant must cancel travel notice must be made to Exquisite Vacations Inc via email during normal hours. The effective date of the cancellation is the date we process the cancellation. Name changes, a substitution of a participant, or a reduction in the number of guests in a stateroom are treated as a cancellation in that all applicable cancellation charges apply. All cancellation charges are per-person, based on the cancellation date, as follows:
- More than 121 days prior to departure: $200 per person
- 120-90 days prior to departure – $400 Per person
- 89-60 days prior to departure – 35% of cruise and land price
- 59-30 days prior to departure – 50% of cruise and land price
- 29-7 days prior to departure – 80% of cruise and land price
- 6 days prior to departure – 100% of cruise and land price
Air Cancellation Charge ( Economy Fares) – $350 per person* | (Business/First Class Contract fares) – $600*
*Certain airline tickets, including all intra-Asia Flights within 90 days of departure and published price tickets, are 100% non-refundable.
What’s Included With Your Cruise:
Spacious Staterooms while sailing the Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- A computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library, and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
An Array of Amenities Awaits with the Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea
- Wellness Activities with a dedicated Wellness Host leading various exercise classes as well as discussions on healthy eating and relaxation techniques, both onboard and onshore.
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Dinner, Captain’s Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits, and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks, and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A World to Explore the Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
Your Cruise itinerary:
Day 1- November 22, 2021
EMBARKATION – BUDAPEST, HUNGARY. Arrive in Budapest and board your luxurious river cruise ship. (D)
BUDAPEST: Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture and tradition. Your city tour begins with a visit to the Great Market Hall before going to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. You’ll see Heroes’ Square and Castle Hill, home to the Fisherman’s Bastion and Mattias Church. As an alternative, you can hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. (B,L,D)
BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA: Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings,” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special “Tastes of Slovakia” tour. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city. (B,L,D)
VIENNA, AUSTRIA. The “City of Waltzes” offers a wealth of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna’s historic city center and then visit St. Stephen’s Cathedral, or discover Vienna by bike. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time to further explore this iconic city. (B,L,D)
WEISSENKIRCHEN – GREIN. After reaching Weissenkirchen, you’ll be treated to several choices of excursions. Take a walking tour of Dürnstein before visiting the UNESCO-designated Melk Abbey. For a more culinary-focused experience, join a walking tour in Dürnstein, then enjoy a wine tasting hosted by a local vintner and sample special apricot treats from a local boutique. If you prefer a more active adventure, hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held or join a guided bike tour to Melk. Later in the day, sail through the Strudengau Valley to medieval Grein for an exclusive visit to the more than 500-year-old Greinburg Castle, looming regally from above. While here, enjoy a folklore show and wine reception. (B,L,D)
LINZ, AUSTRIA. The ship arrives in Linz where you’ll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you’ll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square, and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the Basilica St. Michael. Or join a morning walking tour through the old city center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or go on a bike tour of the city’s famed “Cultural Mile” and the Danube. In the afternoon, you can also choose to visit charming Ceský Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border. (B,L,D) *Note: Not available with full-day Salzburg excursion
PASSAU, GERMANY – VILSHOFEN. Discover the city of Passau in one of three ways. Enjoy a walking tour and marvel at Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Alternately, choose between a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus fortress or a guided bike tour along the Danube River. Later, cruise to Vilshofen, where you will be treated to a festive Oktoberfest celebration— an AmaWaterways exclusive. (B,L,D)
Day 8 – November 29,2021
VILSHOFEN, Germany – DISEMBARKATION. Bid farewell to Vilshofen and prepare for your flight home. (B)
Required Documents for Travel:
Passports: All guests traveling with AmaWaterways on the Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea are required to carry a valid passport. For your protection, passports must be valid for at least six (6) months after the scheduled return date to your home country.
Non-US citizens must consult the appropriate consulates regarding visa and other document requirements. Obtaining required visas and any other required travel documentation, and assuring these are complete and correct in all ways, is the sole responsibility of each participant.
As a service to our guests, AmaWaterways has contracted with an independent third party visa service, Visa Central, to assist our guests in obtaining required visas. If you would like to obtain your visa through our partner, please visit their website at www.VisaCentral.com/AmaWaterways.
Please advise us, at the time of reservation, of any special dietary or service requests you may have so that every effort can be made to accommodate you as best as possible on the Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea
About your ship – AmaLea
With a design inspired by classic ocean yachts, the new 156-passenger AmaLea (2018) offers a luxurious cruise experience on Europe’s most legendary rivers. This beautiful ship offers innovative features including connecting staterooms and triples that accommodate multi-generational families and groups. Guests will also enjoy the comfort of AmaWaterways’ signature twin balconies, hair styling and massage services, multiple dining venues, intimate wine rooms, fitness rooms, and heated sun deck swimming pools with swim-up bars.
Ship’s Registry: Switzerland
Year Built: 2018
Ship Length: 443 ft
Ship Beam: 38 ft
Passenger Capacity: 156
Crew Size: 51
Number of Decks: 4
- All outside accommodations, with revolutionary “twin balconies” on the Violin and Cello decks
- Deluxe hotel-style bedding with high-thread count linens, plush pillows, and duvet cover
- Your choice of one large bed (larger than queen size) or two twin beds
- Cozy sitting area perfect for admiring scenic river views
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Premium European toiletries, plus cotton bathrobes and slippers
- Large wardrobe, full-length mirror, hairdryer, safe and direct-dial telephone
- Flat-screen TV featuring local and satellite channels
- In-room Entertainment-On-Demand system providing free Internet access, TV shows, movies and music
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Extra spacious Suites (350 sq. ft.) with revolutionary “twin balconies” and mini-bar
- Roomy sitting area with a sofa and two chairs
- Marble-appointed bathroom with a bathtub, separate shower & double sinks
- Panoramic Lounge with bar; piano and dance floor; and Observation Lounge
- Complimentary specialty tea and coffee station available 24/7
- Elevator reaches the Restaurant, Lobby/Main Lounge and staterooms on Violin, Cello and Piano Decks
- Connecting and triple/quad occupancy available in select staterooms
- Beauty salon, massage and spa services
- Walking track, heated pool, and fitness room
- Bicycles for exploring on one’s own or on a guided bicycle tour
- Main Dining Restaurant offers regional specialties using locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table serves as an intimate dining alternative to the main restaurant. It features a view of the chef as he prepares a true tasting menu with three appetizers, a champagne sorbet intermezzo, three main courses and three decadent desserts, serving up a variety of regional specialties and traditional dishes with more choices and flavors than ever before.
- Complimentary unlimited fine wine, beer, soft drinks and specialty coffees with every lunch and dinner, plus sparkling wine at breakfast
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to the applicable AmaWaterways brochure or www.AmaWaterways.com for additional terms and conditions that apply to your booking. This booking is also governed by the AmaWaterways Passenger Ticket Contract, a copy of which can be found at www.AmaWaterways.com
To hold/confirm an airline reservation or package, we require your full legal name as it appears on your passport. For contract airline fares a deposit of $350 per person (economy class tickets) or $600 per person (business/first-class tickets) is required to secure the flight and quoted price. Published airfare prices require full payment at the time of reservation. Once the airfare deposit or full payment is received your airline tickets may be issued and any changes will be subject to a penalty if not canceled within 24 hours of ticketing. Should the name on your airline reservation not match your passport exactly, your airline reservation will have to be canceled, full penalties will be assessed and your reservation will have to be recreated subject to market pricing at the time of the new reservation.
Airline tickets issued by AmaWaterways have restrictions. For example, they cannot be reissued, transferred, or exchanged. Any changes made to an airline ticket, including minor name corrections, will incur a minimum $350 per ticket change fee plus any additional increases in the cost of the airfare.
Handicapped facilities are not available onboard or in many places visited on the cruises and cruise tours we offer. If you (participant) have a disability and reasonable accommodation may enable you to use the services, please let us know how you believe we can help. Participants must inform us in writing, at or immediately after making the reservation, but in any event as early as possible, of any mobility impairment or other condition, whether physical, emotional, or mental, which may require accommodation or use of an assistive device during the travel. We shall have no liability to participant relating to any condition, treatment, failure to inform us of an impairment, or resulting exclusion.
AmaWaterways seeks to provide services as published or stated in the final documents, however, cruise, cruise & land routes and all other aspects of travel are subject to change without notice. Such changes will not entitle you to a credit or refund, except as otherwise provided in the Passenger Ticket Contract.
For the safety of parent and child, and depending on various circumstances, passengers who are at an advanced stage of pregnancy (after 5 months) may be subject to restrictions or exclusion concerning their ability to travel and/or board a ship. Please inform us immediately, so we can assess your personal circumstances and possible accommodation.
Come Sail with us on AmaLea – a small ship on the Danube River hearing the Melodies of the Danube on the AmaLea for Thanksgiving!
Send your request to book this sailing and share it with your friends!