We LOVE our Same Sex Destination Wedding Couples!
Exquisite Vacations specializes in destination weddings and we love working with our same-sex destination wedding couples.
We have planned same-sex destination weddings in Punta Cana, Aruba but mostly in Riviera Maya, Mexico. If any of these destinations is your preferred destination to plan your very special day, then let’s start planning as our wedding planners has the knowledge of the resorts who work best with our same-sex couples.
Weddings are such a spectacular affair that requires the elegant touches and attention to every little detail. Our couples will find destination wedding packages at the resorts we work with, offering sublime wedding venues and unparalleled service for your day of celebration. Whether in Mexico or the Caribbean, our couples will find a resort that offers all-inclusive amenities to make your wedding nothing less than the once-in-a-lifetime experience.
You can rest assured that when you book your destination wedding with us, we will never treat you differently because of your sexual orientation. Our goal is for everyone who books with us, for them to have the best destination wedding planning experience possible. We have a preferred list of LGBT friendly destinations where you will celebrate with your family and friends to say “I do”.
Here are some legal requirements for a same-sex legal wedding in Quintana Roo.
- All Weddings Certificates for ceremonies performed in the Caribbean, including Mexico, must have the Apostille Seal. This procedure can be done by our Wedding Coordinators with an additional charge from USD $250.
- Justice of Peach Fee from $ 500 USD
- Valid Passports – They are mandatory for a legal wedding to be performed. Passports must be presented to the onsite Wedding Coordinator at the time of the wedding consultation
- `Tourist Card This is provided to all passengers on the plane prior to arrival into Cancun’s International Airport. The name on the Tourist Card and Passport must be the same.
- Health Certificate Mexican law requires a Health Certificate for all Legal Wedding Ceremonies. Blood tests are done to determine blood type, HIV and STD status. Tests must be taken at the resort and results are ready within 24 hours. Its cost is from USD $250 per couple approximately (unless stated as an inclusion in your wedding package). Couple must arrive at their hotel three business days prior to the legal wedding ceremony date in order to complete the blood tests and process the necessary documents. Saturday and Sunday are not considered working days.
- Single Status Affidavit Also known as the “Single Status Statutory Declaration”, this document is required by the Mexican government to conduct a legal wedding. The document states that you are currently single and have no impediment to getting married; this procedure is signed during the on-site meeting. Note: On January 2013 the New Law came into effect: If the Couple wishes the Names of their parents to appear on their Legal Wedding Certificate they must present a Birth Certificate translated and apostilled; these documents will be filed with the wedding application and will not be returned; otherwise the parent’s names will be omitted.
- Witnesses Legal Wedding Ceremonies require four witnesses. If the wedding couple provides their own witnesses the following is needed: A Civil Ceremony Form filled out (available through your Wedding Coordinator) indicating witnesses name, age, nationality, home address & occupation. Valid passport or driver’s license.Tourist Card. Witnesses must arrive at the hotel three business days prior to the legal wedding ceremony date in order to complete the legal document process. Witnesses must be at least 18 years old at the time of the ceremony. Family members are permitted to be witnesses for the couple. If the wedding couple doesn’t have witnesses the resort will provide them for you.
Now let’s plan your destination wedding of your dream!
Sames Sex Friendly Resorts
Aruba is located in the heart approximately 16 miles from the South American coastline. The Island is 19.6 miles long and 6 miles across at its widest point, with a total area of 70 square miles. Aruba’s topography and vegetation are unusual for a Caribbean island. On the south and west coast there are miles of pristine white beaches that rank among the most beautiful in the world, rimmed by calm blue seas with visibility in some areas to a depth of 100 feet. The average temperature is 82 degrees Fahrenheit. The greatest likelihood of precipitation is from October through January.
Known worldwide for its eco-tourism efforts, stunning natural beauty from the rain forest to the beaches, and an extensive amount of wildlife species that live in the varying habitats, Costa Rica is a top-notch destination. Many visitors favor Costa Rica for its seemingly laid-back culture and to enjoy the lifestyle known as “pura vida” that most locals adopt, which means pure life. Although the country may be somewhat small in size, it offers a great variety of places to explore, animals to discover, and clean beaches to enjoy the sun and surf.
U.S. travelers: Valid passport needed for entry
Official language: Spanish (English is widely spoken)
Official currency: Costa Rican colón (American dollars are widely accepted)
Climate: Average high temperatures of 80-90° F and average low temperatures of 65-75° F
A place known for its resorts and white sand beaches, Punta Cana is the leisure lover’s ultimate getaway. Located on the most eastern cape of the Dominican Republic, the region looks out over the azure seas of the Atlantic Ocean and dense mangrove forests where a multitude of birds and animals unique to the Caribbean live. But more than beach lounging and relaxing, Punta Cana is a playground for all levels of thrillseekers. From those who find nothing more exciting than a challenging game of golf to adrenaline junkies who′ll go from windsurfing to deepsea diving without blinking, opportunities abound. Many of the resorts on Punta Cana have all-inclusive packages offering adventure and relaxation all on the same bill. But travelers can just as easily enjoy the spoils of the soft sands and ocean views on their own. And when that became repetitive, travelers can head out of town where to find cigars, ancient petroglyphs, and culture that dates back to the arrival of Columbus.
The eastern half of the Dominican Republic and the National Park of the East are famous for an underground labyrinth of caves, which is home to one of the largest networks of caves in the world. Manantial de Padre Nuestro is one place that takes spelunking and diving to new depths, conjoining the two to allow exploration of the underground, underwater maze of caves where the remains of Taíno culture await, perfectly preserved. And right in the heart of the resort scene is the remarkable Punta Cana Ecological Reserve that is considered one of the bestkept secrets of eco-tourism. A huge array of creatures in this biodiverse setting live around the stretch of lagoons within the park.
U.S. travelers: Valid passport needed for entry
Official language: Spanish
Official currency: Dominican peso (American currency is widely accepted)
Climate: Average annual temperature is 86° F
The rich land… The dreamy landscape… The warmth of its people… The past and the present in perfect harmony… This is Mexico. Mexico offers vacationers the tranquility and beauty of its lovely beaches, known and admired all over the world for their eternal sun and warm ambiance.
It is one of the only places where you can find spectacular archeological sites and colonial cities that tell stories of glory and tradition. Unmatched landscapes, varied and exotic dishes, and the genius of Mexican craftsmanship all contribute to the wonder of this beautiful country. Mexico is a land of contrast, tradition, culture and fun, all at an excellent price and first class comfort.