Elegant accommodations are enhanced by a delicious cuisine, a large coconut grove on an impeccable lawn, a white sandy beach and a dedicated and friendly team. With only 9 bungalows, guests find total peace and privacy in the middle of one of the most beautiful lagoons in French Polynesia.
Located on a 23-acre private island on the North of Tahaa, Vahine Island offers a unique experience in an exclusive location.
Good To Know
- Guests are greeted by the captain of Vahine Island at Raiatea airport, and then transferred to the resort on a shuttle boat (approx 35-minute transfer).
- Air Tahiti, the domestic airline, offers several daily from Papeete, a 40minute flight or from Bora Bora, a 10-minute flight (depending on the season).
- There is a helipad on property for guests wishing to transfer via private helicopter
Accommodations and amenities
- Air conditioning and fan
- LCD screen and DVD player
- Hot and cold water
- Tea and coffee set
- Bathroom with double sinks
- Shower and separate toilets
- Hair drier
- Complimentary internet and wifi access
- Elegant bathrobe and Molton Brown amenities
- Safety box
Room Category Descriptions:
- Beach Bungalow
- Located right by the lagoon and its coral garden, the Beach Bungalow features a view of a rare beauty. The ocean waves rolling on the reef offer a unique spectacle, contrasted with the serenity of the lagoon. The charming and comfortable room is elegantly decorated and sublimed with natural material as well as local handiwork. The spacious deck outside features a hammock and two sunbeds, promising the most relaxing time and breathtaking sunsets over Bora Bora.
- Room size: Interior 30m2 (320 sqf) + exterior 20m2 (215 sqf) Capacity: 2 people maximum - King or Twin beds.
- Deluxe Beach Suite
- Beach Suites are located by the lagoon with idyllic view of the sea and its coral garden. Inside the room, guests find total comfort and privacy thanks to the additional lounge area including a sofa, a coffee table and two armchairs. Outdoors, one deck faces the verdant coconut grove. A second one, more spacious and half covered with a hammock, two sunbeds and chairs, guarantees you will totally unwind while admiring the lagoon and Bora Bora.
- Room size: Interior 50m2 (540 sqf) + exterior 60m2 (650 sqf) Capacity: 2 people (Possibility for one additional person in the existing sofa) - King bed only.
- Overwater Bungalow
- Overlooking the lagoon crystal blue waters, Overwater Bungalows provide a unique experience. The room offers a magical ambiance with its aquatic table which opens up in order to feed and admire the sea life. At night, a light illuminates the table offering a dream vision of waves’ projection on the wall. Outside, a spacious private deck ensures “Farniente” time with two sunbeds and chairs, as well as a relaxing “Siesta” by the shaded hammock.
- Room size: Interior 35m2 (375 sqf) + exterior 35m2 (375 sqf)
- Capacity: 2 people maximum - King or Twin beds.
All of our bungalows were tastefully decorated by a Polynesian designer, offering authenticity and warmth with unique wooden pieces and local craft touches.
Leisure and services:
- Magnificent turquoise blue lagoon and preserved coral gardens.
- A restaurant located on the beach with views of the lagoon. The talented French Chef offers fresh and modern cuisine, flavored with local touches. Starting at breakfast, Vanilla from Tahaa captivates the palate in famous home-made yogurt. Lunch can be served outside, where guests can enjoy international cuisine with their feet literally touching the sand! The dinner hour is a unique moment, eagerly awaited by the guests who discover a new creation every evening in a refined ambiance. The 3-course menu lavishes all senses, with dishes as beautiful to contemplate as they are delicious to savor.
- A “beach boy” on property entertains the guests, offering numerous activities :
- Complimentary: snorkeling in a coral garden, sea kayak, stand up paddle boards, Polynesian pirogues, leaves weaving or coconut demonstrations, windsurfing, beach games of volleyball and badminton, board games, movies selection, exchange library.
- -Available at a fee : Half or full day tour of Tahaa by jeep and boat with traditional lunch, visit of a vanilla plantation and a pearl farm, Tahaa tour in 4 wheels or jet ski, boat rental, deep sea or trolling fishing in the lagoon. In Raiatea: Trekking, visit to the archaeological remains of the Maori Marae Taputapuatea, exploring the Faaroa River.
- Typical Polynesian Spa, all open and in front of a private turquoise lagoon
- Open air bar in a Polynesian style, offering exotic cocktails.
- Services : Warm and personalized welcome, laundry, baby sitting on request, traditional Polynesian dance and singing once a week (in high season), shop, internet wifi complimentary in room and on the entire island.