A sheltered bay, a clear, turquoise lagoon, a serene setting between the mountains and the sea – the InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is paradise on Earth. Set on the northwest coast of the island of Moorea, amid 11 hectares of lush, unspoiled tropical terrain, InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa matches an idyllic island location with the comfort and luxury of spacious modern bungalows.
Ideal for nature lovers, the resort is nestled in a tranquil cove, with jagged volcanic peaks behind and the great expanse of the South Pacific in front. The beach is protected from the elements, the waters teem with sea life and the gardens bloom with more than 200 species of tropical plants and trees.
The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is home to the first spa in French Polynesia – the renowned Hélène Spa. Also on our 4-star property you’ll find an exciting array of restaurants and bars, the Moorea Dolphin Centre, a turtle care centre, a dive centre, water sports facilities and several boutiques.
Set on the northwest coast of the island of Moorea, amid 11 hectares of lush, unspoiled tropical terrain, the InterContinental® Moorea Resort & Spa matches an idyllic island location with the comfort and luxury of spacious modern bungalows.
Accommodation and Amenities:
InterContinental® Moorea Resort & Spa offers 142 deluxe rooms and bungalows:
- 36 Lanai rooms (2 have disabled access and 2 pairs of adjacent rooms) and 12 premium Lanai rooms (1 pair of adjacent rooms)
- 17 beachfront junior suite bungalows and 11 premium beachfront junior suite bungalows,
- 17 garden-pool junior suite bungalows,
- 21 overwater junior suite bungalows and 28 premium overwater junior suite bungalows (with open ocean view).
All rooms and bungalows are air conditioned and equipped with: international direct dial telephone with 2 sets, free Wifi access, TV with cable, daily supplied minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, electronic personal safety box and iron and ironing board. Bathrooms are equipped with hairdryer, complimentary amenities and electric razor outlet 110V/220V. Lanai rooms have a private balcony with table and chairs and a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub and integrated shower. All bungalows are junior suites with a bedroom and a living room equipped with ceiling fans. The sofa-bed and pull-out bed can accommodate up to one adult or two children in the living room. The bathroom is equipped with a bathtub and a separate shower. The terrace has a sundeck equipped with two deckchairs and a gazebo with a pandanus ceiling, table and chairs. The garden-pool bungalows have a private pool, the beachfront bungalows have a direct access to the beach and the overwater bungalows a direct access to the lagoon thanks to a lower deck. The hotel also offers day rooms with private bathrooms, available for free for early arrivals or late departures. The hotel is equipped with a heliport.
Room Category Descriptions:
- Lanai Room and Premium Lanai Room
- Chic and cozy, our 48 spacious Lanai Rooms are located in the main building, close by the resort’s exclusive facilities. Each room measures 30 square meters (323 square feet), with private furnished terraces and an idyllic view of the pristine gardens. Each room is outfitted with king-size beds or twin beds, as well as a bathtub with integrated shower. They can accommodate up to 2 adults. Two Lanai Rooms are wheelchair-accessible and 4 pairs are connecting. Each room is air-conditioned and features a flat-screen TV, an electronic safe, a free Wi-Fi access and a stocked mini bar.
- For expansive views of the lagoon and the ocean, guests can ask for one of the 12 Premium Lanai Rooms located on the first floor.
- Bungalow, junior suite
- Our bungalows are the ideal accommodation for families and couples seeking quietness and elegance. The bedroom is equipped with a king-size bed or two twin beds, and is separated from a spacious living room that can accommodate up to 1 adult or 2 children. In all, up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children can comfortably stay in the bungalows. The bathroom is equipped with a bathtub and a separate shower.
- Each bungalow is air-conditioned and features ceiling fans, a flat-screen TV, an electronic safe, free Wi-Fi access and a stocked mini bar.
- Beach and Premium Beach Bungalow
- Our 28 Junior Suite Beach Bungalows, measuring 60 square meters (645 square feet) each, are the ideal accommodation for family retreats. Located on a white-sand beach next to the lagoon, guests can enjoy a private sundeck with two sun beds, a terrace with pandanus roof and a dining table with chairs. For expansive views of the lagoon and enhanced privacy, guests can ask for one of the 11 Premium Beach Bungalows.
- Garden Pool Bungalow
- Our 17 spacious Junior Suite Garden Pool Bungalows, measuring 67 square meters (721 square feet) each, feature a private plunge pool and thatched terrace enclosed by lush vegetation. The shaded outdoor deck provides the perfect place for al fresco dining and for enjoying the afternoon breeze.
- Overwater and premium over water Bungalow
- Our 49 Junior Suite Overwater Bungalows measure 75 square meters (781 square feet) each and are positioned over the turquoise waters of the lagoon. Their private and covered terrace is equipped with sunbeds, on a sundeck that contains a shower and provides a direct access to the lagoon. For expansive views of the lagoon and enhanced privacy, guests can ask for one of the 28 Premium Overwater Bungalows.
Dining Options:The hotel offers 3 restaurants and 2 bars:
- Fare Nui restaurant: open for breakfast, with a great ocean view
- The Shell restaurant, gourmet restaurant open for dinner only, for an elegant and creative culinary experience with a great ocean view in a relaxed, muted atmosphere
- Fare Hana restaurant, serves light meals all day in a cool atmosphere: the signature of a tropical, light, and laid-back cuisine. Buffets on the beach (weather permitting) featuring Polynesian dance shows on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Motu Iti bar and its shaded terrace, facing the sunset, provide a relaxing atmosphere.
- Beach bar, the new swim-up bar serves drinks and light snacks. A great spot to enjoy lagoon views, savor sunsets while sipping exotic cocktails to local and international music
Resort Activities & Entertainment:Our concierges are in the lobby and will be delighted to assist you in experiencing the best of the hotel and its surrounding.
- Free of charge: gym, 2 tennis courts, kayaks, outrigger canoes, 2 infinity pools.
- At charge: water skiing, wave runners, scuba diving, helmet dive (walking under the sea), catamaran lagoon cruise, frequent transfers to a nearby reef islet (not on hotel premises), excursion to nearby reef islet and ray feeding, deep sea fishing, circle island tour by boat with dolphin watch, speedboat, catajet, safari tour (4x4), circle island tour by minivan, helicopter tour, quad (ATV), horseback riding in the mountain, hiking, rental (car, bicycle, and boat rental no license).
- Hélène’Spa : this unique tropical spa nestled in lush vegetation offers a wide range of beauty and body care such as rain shower, exotic flower bath, fresh tropical leave wrapping...
- Moorea Dolphin Center: informative and interactive sessions with dolphins
- The sea turtle clinic, managed by the NGO “Te Mana o te Moana”, created in partnership with the Polynesian Department of the Environment. Its role is to safe guard these endangered species within nursing infrastructures in the hotel lagoon.
November 30, -0001 to November 30, -0001