The InterContinental® Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa offers a truly unique 5-star experience. Facing the main island of Bora Bora and the majestic Mount Otemanu, our eco-friendly resort is perfectly located to provide our guests the best of Bora Bora: spectacular views, luxury overwater villas, lush tropical gardens and a wide range of water sports and activities.
Our resort also provides our guests with the Deep Ocean Spa – the first seawater therapy spa in French Polynesia. Using nutrients extracted from deep-sea waters of the South Pacific, our spa promises a truly relaxing and rebalancing experience, combining luxurious modern products with the ancient Polynesian know-how. Deep-sea waters are also used for cooling by our eco-friendly air-conditioning system.
Located in a convenient position to explore Bora Bora, and enjoying unrivalled views of Mount Otemanu, the InterContinental® Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is a true heaven. Combining adventure, relaxation, tranquility and romance, our blissful Tahitian resort provides the vacation of a lifetime.
Accommodation and Amenities:
The InterContinental® Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa offers 80 overwater villas:
- 19 “Emerald” villas with a great view of the beach and the motu (3 have disabled access),
- 22 “Sapphire” villas with a great view of the lagoon
- 25 “Diamond” villas with a great view of the island of Bora Bora
- 6 “Diamond Otemanu” villas with a great view of Mount Otemanu and the lagoon
- 8 “Diamond end of pontoon” villas with great privacy and a panoramic view of the lagoon.
All villas offer a free wifi connexion and benefit from a sustainable air conditioning by deep sea water (SWAC) system. Villas are equipped with:
- Living-room: a glass coffee table with a great view over the lagoon, a sofa convertible into 2 single beds, daily stocked mini bar, coffee/tea facilities, an electronic safety box, international direct dial telephones, flat screen TV sets with local and international channels and pay TV, Bose Ipod docking station, CD/DVD players, ceiling fans,
- Separate bedroom: one king size bed convertible into two twin beds if required, ceiling fans
- Bathroom: with separate shower and bath, double sink, separate toilets, walk-in dressing, hair dryer, make-up mirror, electric razor outlet 110V/220V, complimentary deluxe toiletries
- Private sun deck with exterior fresh water shower
The hotel also provides free wifi access in all public areas, a heliport and transit rooms with individual showers for early arrivals or late departures.
Room Category Descriptions:
- Overwater villa
- Our Overwater Villas measure 95 square meters (1,022 square feet) each, including a 30-square-meter (323-square-foot) terrace. Modern and luxurious, they feature contemporary decor with traditional Polynesian design. They feature a king-size bed (or twin beds on request) facing a large picture window that overlooks the lagoon. Each villa also has a spacious living room with a glass coffee table that looks down onto the pristine waters and tropical fish below.
- Bathrooms feature a separate walk-in shower and bathtub, double washbasin and complimentary range of luxury amenities. Bathtubs face a large picture window, lightening the bathroom with the Tahitian sun.
- The terraces offer comfort and privacy. With a shaded area and a sundeck with direct sunlight and access to the lagoon, they are perfect for dining, napping, sunbathing, sharing cocktails and enjoying splendid views at any time of day.
- The villas can accommodate up to two adults and two children (using the sofa bed as bedding for two). They are fully equipped with free Wi-Fi, a stocked mini bar, tea/coffee making facilities, an espresso machine, air conditioning using deep-sea waters, ceiling fans, an electronic safe, 2 flat-screen TV, CD/DVD players and a Bose sound dock for iPod.
- Emerald Villa
- These 19 villas provide the comfort of being close to the common areas of the hotel (bars, restaurants, pool, Deep Ocean Spa…), all the while displaying spectacular views of the lagoon and beach. 3 of these Villas are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Sapphire Villa
- These 22 villas offer a great view of the lagoon while remaining relatively close to the common areas of the hotel (bars, restaurants, pool, Deep Ocean Spa…).
- Diamond Villa
- These 25 villas, further away from the motu, provide spectacular views of the lagoon and of Bora Bora’s main island. They represent the promise of an intimate, romantic and unforgettable stay.
- Diamond Otemanu Villa
- These 6 villas offer a breathtaking view of Mount Otemanu and remain close to the common areas of the hotel (bars, restaurants, pool, Deep Ocean Spa…). They are at the heart of the resort and have the best and most famous views of Bora Bora.
- Diamond End of Pontoon Villa
- These 8 villas, located at the end of our 4 pontoons, offer the greatest intimacy and breathtaking panoramic views. They provide a unique romantic experience and promise unforgettable memories.
Dining Options:InterContinental® Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa offers 3 restaurants and 3 bars:
- Reef restaurant & terrace:
- Open for breakfast from 06:30 am to 10:30 am and for dinner from 06:30 pm to 9:30 pm. This beautifully and modern designed restaurant offers a Mediterranean cuisine in a “chic” tropical décor. Mondays and Fridays, the Reef restaurant hosts exclusive theme nights with traditional Polynesian dance show and delicious buffet dinner.
- Sands restaurant:
- Located on the resort’s private white sand beach with a great view of Mount Otemanu. Lunch from 12 pm to 3 pm with a selection of salads, sandwiches, grill and a salad bar. Coffee shop from 3pm to 6:30 pm with a selection of salads and sandwiches. Dinner from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm with a selection of salads, sandwiches, grill and meals.
- Le Corail restaurant:
- Overlooking the lagoon, this gourmet restaurant is open from April till November from 6:30pm to 9:30 pm and offers a refined cuisine with a local touch. The restaurant has the largest wine cellar of French Polynesia.
- Bubbles bar & terrace:
- This trendy bar overlooks the beach, the pool, the lagoon and the spectacular Mount Otemanu. Drinks, exotic cocktails and light snacks are served from 03:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Happy hour every day from 5:00 pm to 06:00 pm.
- The Sands beach lounge:
- The beach lounge is the ideal location to enjoy a refreshing drink anytime of the day or at sunset. Open from 12:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Happy Hour every day from 5 pm to 6 pm.
- The South Beach Bar:
- Located near the wide sandy beach of the resort, dotted with coconut trees and comfortable sun loungers, shaded by pandanus beach umbrellas. A large selection of cocktails, smoothies and snacks is available from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The pool:
- A large infinity pool on the beach facing Mt. Otemanu. Bar services with appetizers and cocktails available.
Resort Activities & Entertainment:The concierge will be delighted to assist you in experiencing the best of the hotel and its surrounding.
- Free-of-charge: daily cultural demonstrations at the pool such as pareo tying lessons and palm frond weaving, outrigger canoe, kayak, paddle board, paddle boat, snorkeling equipment, tennis, , fitness room, various board games.
- At charge: motu island transfer, shark and ray feeding excursion by motorized canoe including island tour, jet ski, speed boat, lagoonarium tour, scuba diving, catamaran excursion, catamaran sunset cruise, deep sea fishing, parasailing, waterskiing, wakeboard, glass bottom boat tour, circle island tour by bus, SUV safari island tour, car and bike rental, ATV tours, boat rental, private excursions.
- Daily and regular transfer to the InterContinental® Bora Bora Le Moana Resort to enjoy both resorts.