ANSE CHASTANET – One of the Caribbean’s most romantic resort settings amidst a 600 acre secluded estate with unrivaled breathtaking views of St Lucia’s famous Piton mountains rising out of the calm Caribbean Sea. With two beautiful natural, soft sand beaches, one very secluded and surrounded by virgin coral reefs. Ideal for honeymooners, snorkelers, nature lovers, scuba divers, bird watchers and all those who wish to get away from it all…
49 delightful octagonal gazebos and unique individually designed suites are nestled into a lush hillside and spacious beachside rooms are set within a tropical garden just a few steps from the water’s edge. And – if doing nothing is not enough, ANSE CHASTANET’s professional PADI 5 Star Dive Resort / SSI Platinum Resort scuba facility, complimentary snorkeling, windsurfing, sunfish sailing, kayaking, tennis and a great variety of daily personalized excursions, such as day cruises on ANSE CHASTANET’s 42 ft sailing yacht, exploring the estate, rain forest hikes and island tours will keep the active going! Or jungle bike on one of our Cannondale F800 Mountain bikes on 8 miles of exclusive trails.
Art Lovers will enjoy the original art displayed in all guest rooms and public facilities, samples of which are also available for sale in ANSE CHASTANET’s art gallery located at beach level.
More relaxation is offered by ANSE CHASTANET’s spa, Kai Belte, offering a wide range of therapeutic beauty and body treatments.
Good to Know:
- Children Policy
- Children under 10 years of age will not be accommodated, due to the open building style and general ambiance of the resort. The minimum child age is 6 years during the months of July, August, and September.
- Anse Chastanet beach with beach chairs and beach towels
- Complimentary use of non-motorized water sports including snorkel gear, windsurfers, sit on top kayaks, Sunfish sailing, paddle boarding
- Complimentary use of tennis court and equipment
- Resort shuttle boats, Jungle Express and North Pole to our second beach at ANSE MAMIN daily
- Select Guided Walks and Hikes on our 600 acres estate with Meno – learn about history and botany
- Water Taxi at 7.30am or 3.30pm to go jogging through Anse Mamin
- Yoga Sun – Fri 8.30 – 9.30am & Sun – Fri 5 pm – 6 pm in the beach yoga gazebo
- Creole History Class in the Beach Bar Friday 11.30am.
- Daily Live Entertainment in the Piton Bar except for Tuesdays when entertainment takes place in the beach bar
- Library located in the Piton Bar with Wifi internet connection and complimentary guest computers
- Manager’s Cocktail Reception every Tuesday from 6.30 – 7.30pm in the beach bar
- Underwater Slideshow in Beach Bar, Wednesday 7 pm.
- History, benefits, and uses of Aromatherapy presented by our Spa Manager in the spa Retail Boutique – Thursdays from
- Chocolate Sensory Tasting at Emerald Restaurant, Tuesday from 10 am – 10.30am.
Other Complimentary Features
Welcome cocktail, daily maid service, evening maid service, use of beach chairs and beach towels, complimentary use of tennis court and equipment, stand up paddle boards, complimentary use of snorkeling equipment, windsurfing, Sunfish sailing, kayaking (not Prijon specialty kayaks)
Anse Chastanet is one of the Caribbean’s most romantic resorts set amidst a 600-acres lush tropical estate with 2 soft sand beaches, 8000 feet of Caribbean coastline and breathtaking views of St. Lucia’s twin Piton mountains rising out of the calm Caribbean Sea. Anse Chastanet’s unique rooms, bathrooms, and tropical hardwood furniture have been personally designed by the architect owner, and all blend harmoniously with the environment and nature. 11/2 miles North of the town of Soufriere, and near most of the island’s major sightseeing attractions.
Accommodation and Amenities:
Fridge, tea/coffee makers, tea/coffee/sugar/milk in all rooms In-room safes, wall mounted hair dryers. Deluxe Hillside and Beachside and Premium Rooms have irons and ironing boards. Irons and ironing boards on request in all other room types.
Room Category Descriptions:
- 5 Premium Hillside
- Premium rooms are ANSE CHASTANET’s rooms numbered 7, which offer picture postcard perfect views of the Piton Mountains and the surrounding sea by virtue of their very elevated and strategic location. Some Premium rooms have fourth wall missing. King size bed, clay tiles, ceiling fans, and shower. Extremely spacious (1200-1400 sq ft).
- 14 Deluxe Hillside Hillside
- Deluxe rooms are extremely spacious and individually designed. Some rooms have a formal separation between bedroom and living room, others are wide open spaces flowing into each other. King size bed, clay tiles or tropical hardwood floor, ceiling fan, private shower/wc, very spacious, new Hillside Deluxe rooms are very openly built, some with the fourth wall missing entirely or with dramatic open roof dormers. New Hillside Deluxe rooms have ocean views. Original Hillside Deluxe rooms are enclosed and have wooden louvered doors and windows and a separate sitting room/patio area. Original hillside deluxe rooms have ocean and Piton mountain views.
- 12 Deluxe Beachside
- All beachside rooms are deluxe category rooms. Beachside Deluxe rooms are very spacious rooms set amidst a tropical garden near the beach. King size or King size plus one Double or Single bedding, clay tiles, wooden louvered windows, ceiling fan, private shower/wc, ceiling fan, balconies or patios, spaciously built, some with open roof dormers. Rooms have garden view and are air conditioned. Guests are able to open all louvered panels if they prefer no air-conditioning.
- 14 Superior Hillside
- Superior rooms are located on the hillside and are octagonal or rectangular in shape. Twin beds or king size bed, clay tiles or tropical hardwood floors, private shower/wc, ceiling fan, glass or wooden louvered windows, Piton and/or ocean views, wrap around balconies.
- 4 Standard Hillside
- Standard rooms are slightly smaller than Superior rooms with twin, queen or king size bedding, with garden or partial ocean view. Queen or king size bed, glass or wooden louvered windows, private shower/wc, ceiling fan, garden view. 2 Bedroom Suites Certain hillside deluxe units can be made available with an interconnecting door leading to another hillside deluxe or standard unit. Ideal for families or couples traveling together.
RestaurantsThere are 3 restaurants/2 bars plus the Jungle Beach Bar & Grill on the second beach of Anse Mamin. At mid-level hillside, near reception, there is the Treehouse Restaurant consisting of two Treehouse open air structures with beautiful views of ocean and the surrounding hills and the Piton Lounge and Bar with Piton and ocean views, At beach level and right on the water’s edge is the Trou au Diable beach restaurant and bar. The Jungle Beach Bar & Grill is located on our second beach of Anse Mamin, accessible by our resort shuttle boats. A great variety of culinary experiences is on offer: Fine Caribbean Dining (Treehouses), Emerald’s Vegetarian (Piton Lounge/dinner time only and optional in Treehouse), Apsara East India- St Lucia fusion (Beach Restaurant/dinner time only) and the Beach Grill (Beach Bar/ dinner time only) plus the Jungle Grill at Anse Mamin beach for lunchtime meals. The Jungle Beach Bar & Grill can remain open for private catering events in the evening if pre-booked.
- Full Breakfast in our Treehouse Restaurant from 7am - 10am.
- Lunch in the Trou au Diable Beach Restaurant
- Lunch on Anse Mamin beach at the Jungle Grill from 12noon - 3pm. & Jungle Bar from 10am - 4pm
- Afternoon Tea in the Beach Bar 3.30 - 5.30pm.
- Beach Bar open daily 8am- 11pm, Piton Bar open daily 8am until midnight
- Dining in our Treehouses celebrating Tropical World Cuisine 6.30pm - 9.30pm daily except Tuesday
- Dining in our Trou au Diable Restaurant celebrating Apsara, St Lucia–East India fusion cuisine daily except Tuesday; A beach grill menu is also available. Open daily except Tuesdays.
- Tropical evening with Steel band on Tuesday evening in our beach restaurant
- Emerald’s All Vegetarian Menu served in the Piti Piton lounge at dinner time Wed - Mon (all resort menus feature vegetarian options)
- Chef Monday Gourmet Dinner & Wine Pairing served at 7pm in the Treehouse, reservations necessary
- Coco Doux coconut bar at beach bar on Sundays from 11am - 3pm.
- Piton Bar:
- 7am until closing around 11pm or later
- Beach Bar:
- 9am until 11pm
- Jungle Bar at Anse Mamin
- 10am until 4pm.
RESORT ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT:
- Two (2) natural soft silver sand beaches. Second beach is accessible by the Resort’s complimentary Shuttle Boats (5 minutes). Complimentary beach chairs and beach towels.
- PADI 5 Star Dive Resort- scuba diving against fee.
- Open 8am – 5.45pm daily.
- Boat dives at 8.30am (on most days) 10.30am and 2pm daily. Beach dives at 8.30am, 11am and 2pm daily.
- Wreck dive to Lesleen M on Fridays leaving 9.30am, Night Dives - Mondays and Wednesdays. Equipment rental, repairs, camera rental available at a fee, all diving is escorted (island-wide marine park policy). Scuba instruction available by qualified PADI/SSI personnel for all levels - Beginners and Advanced
- Escorted boat snorkel trips are available to the surrounding coral reefs.
- Complimentary use of snorkeling equipment, stand up paddle boards, windsurfing, sunfish sailing, ocean kayaking with resort kayaks (not Prijon specialty kayaks which are available at a charge as part of our KAYAK ST.LUCIA operation)
- Tennis Court
- One (concrete) – 8.30am – sunset play only – complimentary use of court and equipment
- Live entertainment seven days a week
- Manager’s Rum punch party on Tuesdays
- Underwater Slide Show on Wednesdays
- Yoga and Stretch Exercises
- 6 days a week, yoga and stretch exercises are offered in the mornings and afternoons in the Yoga gazebo at beach level.
- Jungle Biking with Bike St. Lucia
- 8 Miles of private biking trails on Anse Chastanet’s 600 acre estate plus 50 Cannondale F800 mountain bikes for rental.
- Kool kayaking with Kayak St. Lucia
- The Kool Kayaking Adventure is St. Lucia’s first professional kayaking adventure featuring Prijon sea-kayaks and trained guides for coastal kayaking adventures. The first session includes safety and technique instruction. There are five great tours to choose from… Kayaking the Coast of Soufriere Bay, Paddling to the Pitons, the Fishing Villages & Beach Picnic tour, Sunset Kayaking and Birdwatching Kayak Combo.
- Birdwatching at Anse Mamin
- A 300 year-old former plantation that is now a rainforest, Anse Mamin is a stunningly beautiful birdwatchers paradise. Our guided tour will allow you to discover numerous indigenous Caribbean birds as well as several species endemic to St. Lucia. Three different hummingbirds make their home here as well, including the Antillean Crested Hummingbird. Along the way, you’ll be treated to a tour of the old ruins of the plantation buildings with a fascinating description of the history of Anse Mamin. You’ll also learn about the many exotic plants and trees growing in the rainforest, some of them hundreds of years old. Binoculars provided.
- Resort sailing yacht “searenity”
- Enjoy sailing adventures on the 42ft Searenity.
- Sample Excursions
- Castries/ Marigot Bay Shopping Trip
- Volcano, Diamond Falls & Gardens and Emerald Estate Us$48
- Rainforest Hikes
- Pointe Seraphine Duty Free Shopping
- Zip Line Adventures
- Grand Coastal Tour
- Jazzy Champagne Sunset Cruise
- Dolphin & Whale Watching
- Birdwatching at Anse Mamin
- Sea & Land Tour
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Complimentary Guided Walks & Hikes
- Anse Chastanet offers a variety of complimentary guided walks and hikes on property and in the surrounding region. Our guides are very informative and may be able to give you a new insight into history and life in St Lucia.
- Anse Chastanet Shuttle Boats
- Complimentary Anse Chastanet Shuttle Boats, Jungle Express and North Pole, offer scheduled complimentary trips to our second beach, Anse Mamin and against a charge, trips to Soufriere, the Malgretoute Waterfall and escorted boat snorkel trips.
- Swimming Pool