Jamaica Carnival Week : October 18 – 25, 2020
Jamaica’s Carnival signature bands include Bacchanal Jamaica, Jamaica Carnival, Xaymaca International, Xodus, Downtown and the Ocho Rios Carnival. Come and experience our unique expression of our island’s spirit.
Some of the highlights of the season include:
Jamaica Carnival Week will end with the major highlight of the big Road March in Kingston on October 25, 2020.
GET YOUR COSTUME AND LET’S PLAY MAS WITH
What hotels are preferred to stay in Kingston for Jamaica Carnival?
We recommend staying at any hotel in New Kingston such as AC Hotel by Marriott, Courtyard Marriott, Spanish Court, Knutsford Court Hotel, Hotel Four Seasons, Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Courtleigh Hotels & Suites, and Terra Nova.
Do you know what is Bacchanal?
Bacchanal was created to bring its own unique gems of energy, flavour and culture that are Jamaica to the all-encompassing crown of carnival season.
The best way to play mas is to pick a band! Jamaica has four carnival bands each offering their own unique carnival experience. Choose from beautiful hand crafted costumes, premium events and members only exclusives from Bacchanal Jamaica, Ocho Rios Carnival, Xaymaca International and Xodus Carnival. No matter your choice, you’re sure to have a grand time at carnival in Jamaica!
Want to know more about Kingston, Jamaica?
– Kingston was founded in 1692 as a place for survivors of the earthquake that destroyed Port Royal.
– Located on the southeastern coast of the island, it is both the capital and largest city of Jamaica.
– Kingston is the seat of government in Jamaica and the island’s business capital. Even with the many opportunities for business, the resort area of Kingston is also known for cultural, educational, and leisure options. There are arguably more museums, dining and nightlife, and event options than anywhere else on the island.
– It has the largest botanical gardens in the Caribbean. At 2,000 acres, Hope Gardens is home to many indigenous plants as well as the Coconut Museum, Sunken Gardens, Orchid House, Lily Pond, Maze, and Palm Avenue. A true must-see.
– For some of the city’s best ice cream, pastry, gourmet cuisine, and Jamaican gems, visit Devon House, one of Kingston’s favorite historical mansions. Simply delicious.