2017 June Adventures in South Africa
May 31 – June 8, 2017 (7 Days/6 Nights in South Africa)
With Optional Extension to Victoria Falls
June 7 – 11, 2017 (4 Days/3 Nights in Southern Africa) With
Optional Extension to Chobe
June 10 – 13, 2017 (3 Days/2 Nights in Botswana)
- South Africa
- 3 Nights Cape Town
- 3 Nights Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Meals Included
- 6 breakfast
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- Meals Included
- Optional Victoria Falls Extension
- 1 Night Johannesburg
- 2 Nights Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Meals Included
- 3 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 2 Dinners
- Meals Included
- Optional Chobe Extension
- 2 Nights Chobe, Botswana
- Meals Included
- 2 Breakfast
- 2 Lunches
- 2 Dinner
- Meals Included
- 2 Nights Chobe, Botswana
- Cost of 2017 June Adventures in South Africa Land Portion
- US$2295.00 per person sharing; US$2800.00 per Single Cost of 2017
- Optional Victoria Falls – Land Portion
- US$1325.00 per person sharing; US$1375.00 per Single
- Cost of 2017 Optional Chobe – Land Portion
- US$1045.00 per person sharing; US$1225.00 per Single
- Total Cost of Land Portion – 2017 June Adventures Safari with Optional Victoria Falls & Chobe
- US$4665.00 per person sharing; US$5400.00 per Single
PLEASE NOTE: The above prices are subject to change should there be a significant change in the exchange rate. The above prices are based on 12 travelers in the group and is subject to change if there are less participants.
- This is a private and guided tour
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary (B=Breakfast/L=Lunch/D=Dinner)
- Entrance fees as per activities on itinerary
- Activities as per itinerary
- Transfers and ground transportation mentioned in the itinerary
- Game activities as per itinerary
- Baggage Handling
- All International and domestic (US and Africa) airline tickets and applicable airport fees and taxes
- Extra Entrance fees to tourist attractions, activities or attractions not mentioned in itinerary
- Any other tours or tourist entrance fees not mentioned in itinerary
- Extra transport or transfers, taxi fares, after hours’ transport
- Extra optional activities while in the game reserves
- Visa for Zimbabwe (obtainable upon entry into Zimbabwe –US$30.00 per person – subject to change)
- Personal, Medical and Travel Insurance
- Individual Tips or gratuities
- All costs of a personal nature: Telephone calls, bar bills, drinks, room service, laundry, refreshments, snacks, curios, gifts, etc.
A NOTE ON FLIGHTS: Ntaba African Safaris will assist you in booking your flights. Please contact us for further details.
- Wednesday, May 31, 2017 – Depart from the U.S.A. for South Africa
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 – Cape Town – 3 Nights
- Arrive at the Johannesburg Airport. Go through passport control and customs, and check in for your flight to Cape Town. Upon arrival at the Cape Town Airport, be met by your driver/guide and transferred to your hotel in Cape Town, the Commodore Hotel, conveniently located on the famous V&A Waterfront. Check into your standard room for 3 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Friday, June 2 , 2017 – Cape Town – Table Mountain/City Tour/Wine Estate/T-Bag Designs – B
- After breakfast, visit Table Mountain via the Cable Car (weather permitting), the World’s new Seventh Wonder, or visit Signal Hill (if weather does not allow travel in the Cable Car). Visit Jewel Africa for a diamond cutting demonstration. You will also find exquisitely unique hand crafted jewelry pieces, authentic African craft, décor and gift items. Have a City Tour and see some of the places of interest in South Africa’s “Mother City” such as Bokaap before proceeding to the Groot Constantia Wine Estate, the oldest wine estate in South Africa, for a cellar tour and a wine tasting of some of their locally grown wines. You will have lunch at the local restaurant (on your own account). In the afternoon, visit Original T-Bag Designs in Hout Bay, a local community project. Return to your hotel for a free evening. Dinner is on your own account and can be enjoyed at the hotel or at one of the many restaurants on the V&A Waterfront.
- Saturday, June 3, 2017 – Cape Town – Cape Point/Kirstenbosch – B
- After breakfast, depart from your hotel and travel along the beautiful coast. Continue travelling along the spectacular Chapman’s Peak Drive. Visit Cape Point, the most south-western point of the African Continent. Walk to the top of the mountain and enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean and the surrounding area. Next, visit the local African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach. Continue to Simon’s Town, South Africa’s Naval Base, to have lunch at a local restaurant overlooking the harbour and False Bay, on your own account. In the afternoon, visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy this beautiful garden and the diverse selection of local plants and flowers. At the exit of the garden is a gift shop worth browsing through. Return to your hotel for a free evening. Dinner is on your own account.
- Sunday, June 4, 2017 – Karongwe Private Game Reserve – Shiduli Game Lodge – 3 nights – B/L/D
- After breakfast, check in for your flight from Cape Town to Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Park. Upon your arrival at the Hoedspruit Airport, you will be met and transferred to the Shiduli Game Lodge in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve. Check into your Suites for 3 nights. Enjoy lunch and your first game drive that afternoon. You will have the chance to see the Big 5 – elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard. INCLUDED: Accommodation; All meals, teas, coffees & snacks; Dawn and dusk safaris in open land rovers; Sundowner local drinks; Park Entrance fees and TOMSA levy. Each of the full days at the Private Game Reserve will include: All meals and two daily game drives in open Landrover vehicles with your skilled ranger and tracker to find the animals of Africa for you to admire. This is Big 5 Country…..Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo all of which are possible to see during your stay at this private game reserve. Each morning, expect an early wakeup call and gather for refreshments before heading out at first light. The “big cats” may still be around after their night of hunting. During the day, there is ample free time to relax and enjoy the game reserve. Late afternoon, convene for high tea, before departing for the day’s second African Bush Safari. Enjoy a sundowner drink along the way, get out of the vehicle to stretch your legs, and watch the sun go down over the distant Drakensberg Mountains. As darkness descends, it’s time to continue the Game Drive to let the tracker scan the landscape with a spotlight picking out the glinting eyes of nocturnal animals. Return to the lodge for dinner.
- Monday, June 5, 2017 – Karongwe Private Game Reserve – Shiduli Game Lodge – B/L/D
- Get up early for a game drive. Stop along the way for some refreshments. Return to the lodge for breakfast. Enjoy the day at leisure around the lodge. Later in the afternoon and after lunch, depart for your afternoon/evening game drive. Return to lodge for dinner.
- Tuesday, June 6, 2017 – Karongwe Private Game Reserve – Shiduli Game Lodge – B/L/D
- Another full day in the game reserve, enjoying game drives and relaxing.
- Wednesday, June 7, 2017 – Depart for Home OR Proceed with Optional Extension to Victoria Falls – B
- After your morning game drive and breakfast, be transferred to the Hoedspruit Airport. Check in for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival in Johannesburg, EITHER – Check in for your international flight back home, arriving in the U.S.A. the following day (Thursday, June 8, 2017); OR – Proceed with the Optional Victoria Falls Extension …..
OPTIONAL EXTENSION TO VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE
- CONTINUED … Wednesday, June 7, 2017 – Johannesburg – 1
- Night Check into the City Lodge O.R. Tambo for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis. This hotel is conveniently located next to the airport. Dinner is on your own account and can be enjoyed at the restaurant located in the City Lodge.
- Thursday, June 8, 2017 – Victoria Falls – 2 nights – B/D
- After breakfast check in for your flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls. Be sure to have your $30.00 in cash to pay for your Zimbabwe Visa when you arrive at the Victoria Falls Airport. Be met at the airport and transferred to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge to check in for 2 nights. You can order a light lunch at the Lodge (on your own account). In the afternoon, transfer to the Zambezi River for an unforgettable luxury Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi Royal. Enjoy the abundant wild life and bird life and the beautiful sunset scenes. Wine and savory refreshments will be served along the way. Be transferred to the Boma for an enjoyable evening with a traditional Dinner and live entertainment. Return to the hotel for overnight.
- Friday, June 9, 2016 – Victoria Falls – B/L/D
- Enjoy your breakfast, overlooking the waterhole below the lodge. You might see various animals visit the waterhole. After breakfast, tour the spectacular Victoria Falls. Visit the local craft market, then be transferred to the Lookout Point for lunch (included – drinks on own account). You will also have the opportunity to participate in some optional activities on your own account, such as the gorge swing or the Flying Fox. Be returned to the lodge for an afternoon at leisure. During your stay at this lodge, you will meet with a local historian who will tell you the story of David Livingstone, a rather gripping story. At 7 pm, dinner will be served at the Lodge.
- Saturday, June 10, 2017 – Depart for Home OR Proceed with Optional Extension to Chobe – B
- Enjoy breakfast at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, overlooking the water hole. EITHER – Be transferred to the Victoria Falls airport for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival in Johannesburg, check in for your international flight back home, arriving in the U.S.A. the following day (Sunday, June 11, 2017); OR – Proceed with the Optional Chobe Extension …..
OPTIONAL EXTENSION TO CHOBE, BOTSWANA
- Saturday, June 10, 2017 – Chobe, Botswana – 2 Nights – L/D
- After breakfast, check out of your room and be transferred across the border to the Chobe Safari Lodge which lies on the banks of the Chobe River. If you enjoy bird watching, this is the place to be! Check in for 2 nights. Enjoy lunch before departing for your afternoon game activity, a sunset game cruise on the Chobe River. You will have the chance of seeing abundant game such as hippos, elephants, and crocodile, as well as abundant bird life. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Sunday, June 11, 2017 – Chobe, Botswana – B/L/D
- Get up early for your morning game drive in the Chobe National Park. The Chobe National Park is known for its large numbers of elephant and for its prolific bird life. Your will also see other game, including the Puku, an antelope endemic to this region. Return to your lodge for breakfast. Enjoy the day, relaxing around the pool overlooking the waterhole. After lunch and a rest, depart for your afternoon sunset game cruise on the Chobe River. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Monday, June 12, 2017 – Departure Day – B
- In the morning, enjoy a morning boat cruise on the Chobe River. You are bound to see elephant and other game on the banks of the river, and hippos in the water. The bird life is prolific and photographic opportunities are fabulous. Return to the lodge for breakfast, before checking out and departing for the airport to check in for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival in Johannesburg, check in for your flight back to the U.S.A.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017 – Arrive back in the U.S.A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The above daily itinerary is preliminary and therefore subject to change. If any major changes occur in advance of your departure, you will be notified by Ntaba African Safaris. If changes occur while on tour, you will be notified by your guide/ leader.