2017 July Highlights of Southern Africa
July 14 – 26, 2017 (11 Days/10 Nights in Southern Africa)
- Locations Visited
- 3 Nights Cape Town
- 4 Nights Private Game Reserve in Greater Kruger Park
- 1 Night Johannesburg
- 2 Nights Victoria Falls
- Meal Included
- 10 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 6 Dinners
- Meal Included
- Cost of 2017 July Highlights of Southern Africa Safari
- US$ 3830.00 per person sharing; US$ 4560.00 per Single
PLEASE NOTE: The above prices are subject to change should there be a significant change in the exchange rate. Please also note that the above prices are based on 16 participants. If the number of participants is less than 16, the price is subject to change
- This is a private and guided tour
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary (B=Breakfast/L=Lunch/D=Dinner)
- Entrance fees as per activities on itinerary
- Activities as per itinerary
- Transfers and ground transportation mentioned in the itinerary
- Game activities as per itinerary
- Baggage Handling.
- All International and domestic (US and Africa) airline tickets and applicable airport fees and taxes
- Extra Entrance fees to tourist attractions, activities or attractions not mentioned in itinerary
- Any other tours or tourist entrance fees not mentioned in itinerary
- Extra transport or transfers, taxi fares, after hours’ transport
- Extra optional activities while in the game reserves
- Visa for Zimbabwe (obtainable upon entry into Zimbabwe –US$30.00 per person, subject to change)
- Personal, Medical and Travel Insurance
- All costs of a personal nature: Telephone calls, bar bills, drinks, room service, laundry, refreshments, snacks, curios, gifts, etc.
- Friday, July 14, 2017 – Depart from the U.S.A. for South Africa
- Saturday, July 15, 2017 – Cape Town – 3 nights
- Arrive at the Johannesburg Airport. Go through passport control and customs, and check in for your flight to Cape Town. Upon arrival at the Cape Town Airport, be met by your driver/guide and transferred to your hotel in Cape Town, the Commodore Hotel, conveniently located on the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Check into your standard room for 3 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Sunday, July 16, 2017 – Cape Town – Table Mountain/City/ Wine Estate/Kirstenbosch – B
- After breakfast, visit Table Mountain via the Cable Car (weather permitting), the World’s new Seventh Wonder, or visit Signal Hill (if weather does not allow visit to Table Mountain’s summit). Visit Jewel Africa for a diamond cutting demonstration. You will also find exquisitely unique hand crafted jewelry pieces, authentic African craft, décor and gift items. Have a City Tour before proceeding to the Groot Constantia Wine Estate, the oldest wine estate in South Africa. Enjoy lunch at their local restaurant (on your own account), followed by a cellar tour and a wine tasting of some of their locally grown wines. Next, visit the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy this beautiful garden and the diverse selection of local plants and flowers. Enjoy browsing through the gift shop. Return to your hotel for a free evening. Dinner is on your own account.
- Monday, July 17, 2017 – Cape Town – Cape Point – B
- After breakfast depart from your hotel and travel along the beautiful coast. Visit Original T-Bag Designs in Hout Bay, a local community project. Continue travelling along the spectacular Chapman’s Peak Drive. Visit Cape Point, the most south-western point of the African Continent. Walk to the top of the mountain and enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean and the surrounding area. Have lunch at a restaurant overlooking False Bay, on your own account. After lunch visit the local African Penguin Colony at Boulders Beach. Return to your hotel for a free evening. Dinner is on your own account.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017 – Private Game Reserve – 4 nights – B/L/D
- After breakfast, check in for your flight from Cape Town to Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Park. Upon arrival at the Hoedspruit Airport, be met and transferred to Shiduli Lodge in the Karongwe PrivateGame Reserve. Check into your Suites for 4 nights. Enjoy lunch and your first game drive that afternoon. You will have the chance to see the Big 5 – elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard. Each of the full days at the Private Game Reserve will include: All meals and two daily game drives in 10-passenger open Landrover vehicles with your skilled ranger and tracker to find the animals of Africa for you to admire. This is Big 5 Country…..Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo all of which are possible to see during your stay at this private game reserve. Each morning, expect an early wakeup call and gather for refreshments before heading out at first light. The “big cats” may still be around after their night of hunting. During the day, there is ample free time go on a guided walking safari, to relax or be treated at the local Spa. Late afternoon, convene for high tea, before departing for the day’s second African Bush Safari. Enjoy a sundowner drink along the way, get out of the vehicle to stretch your legs, and watch the sun go down over the distant Drakensberg Mountains. As darkness descends, it’s time to continue the Game Drive to let the tracker scan the landscape with a spotlight picking out the glinting eyes of nocturnal animals. Return to the lodge for dinner.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017 – Private Game Reserve – B/L/D
- Get up early for a game drive. Stop along the way for some refreshments. Return to the lodge for breakfast. Enjoy the day at leisure or join your skilled game ranger on a guided walking safari. Pampering at the local spa available at your own cost. Enjoy lunch and some more relaxing before departing for your afternoon/evening game drive. Return to lodge for dinner.
- Thursday & Friday, July 20 & 21, 2017 – Private Game Reserve – B/L/D
- Full days in the game reserve, enjoying game drives and relaxing. Optional extra activities are available on own account.
- Saturday, July 22, 2017 – Johannesburg – 1 Night – B
- After your morning game drive and breakfast, check out and be transferred to the Hoedspruit Airport for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival at the Johannesburg Airport, collect your bags and walk to the City Lodge O.R. Tambo. Check in for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis. This hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the airport terminal. Dinner is on your own account and can be enjoyed at the restaurant located in the City Lodge.
- Sunday, July 23, 2017 – Victoria Falls – 2 nights – B/D After breakfast, check in for your flight from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls.
- Be sure to have your $30.00 in cash to pay for your visa when you arrive at the Victoria Falls Airport. Be met at the airport and transferred to the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge to check into your standard rooms for 2 nights. You can order a light lunch at the Lodge (on your own account). In the afternoon, transfer to the Zambezi River for an unforgettable luxury Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi Royal. Enjoy the abundant wild life and bird life and the beautiful sunset scenes. Wine and savory refreshments will be served along the way. After your sunset cruise, return to the lodge for dinner served at 19:00.
- Monday, July 24, 2017 – Victoria Falls – B/L/D
- Enjoy your breakfast, overlooking the waterhole below the lodge. You might see various animals visit the waterhole. After breakfast tour the spectacular Victoria Falls. Visit the local craft market. You will have lunch at the Lookout Café (included). The afternoon is open to enjoy at leisure, either participating in some extra optional activities, visiting the local shops to buy souvenirs to take home, or relaxing at the lodge around the pool. During your stay in Victoria Falls, you will meet with a local historian who will tell you the history of David Livingstone and the Victoria Falls. Be transferred to the Boma for an enjoyable evening with a traditional Dinner and live entertainment. Return to the lodge for overnight.
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017 – Departure Day – B
- Enjoy breakfast at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, overlooking the water hole. Mid-morning, check out of your room and be picked up from the Lodge to transfer to the airport for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival in Johannesburg, check in for your flight back to the U.S.A.
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017 – Arrive back in the U.S.A.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The above daily itinerary is preliminary and therefore subject to change. If any major changes occur in advance of your departure, you will be notified by Ntaba African Safaris. If changes occur while on tour, you will be notified by your guide/ leader.